Monday 16 December 2013

Cover Ideas

Here is my original idea.  After looking at other magazines I decided to try different poses.  This is the more common position for a dance or rap artist to be stood in.  It is a medium shot with the artist either look directly at the camera, or off to the side.
 
 
Here is my second design.  I think this has more potential.  It has more colour and looks overall, more attractive.  His pose gives and atmosphere of a hidden identity with this artist.  Also my research does not have the artist covering the Masthead, which means this is a more relevant design for my research. 

 
Here is my final design.  Despite being my final attempt, I feel this is the weakest proposal.  It was difficult to Photoshop  was with Numerous creases in the artist's clothing.  I also believe that the purple and blue, on the black background does not work very well.  It merges in and becomes hard to see.  This means that it would not stand out on a shelf, compared with other competition.


 
I have used research to come up with my colour design.  I found that yellow and black, black on yellow and white thrown in, gave the most legible writing.  Therefore I have used this theme throughout this page, and on some of my double pages.  I have used Font families to keep the theme running and sans serif and serif fonts appropriately.  Using banners has made certain things stand out which give the magazine a unique selling point, eg, competitions or party guides. 



No comments:

Post a Comment