Friday 1 November 2013

Further Research

After further research I have discovered the pre-existence of the magazine name "Vibe" which produces HipHop magazines in America.  Due to this I will have to take some of my other names into consideration, with further suggestions.

Here are my final ideas for my magazine Masthead:

V.I.P
VIP suggests a level of importance within the magazine.  It suggests a level of exclusivity and secrecy involved with the genre and current mag edition.  This may help to boost sales by increase the readers perception of the magazine.  I feel this would be one of my better suggestions for my Masthead.

PULSE
Pulse gives the magazine an atmosphere, a feeling and meaning of movement.  A feeling that the magazine and its genre runs throughout you, in your blood, giving it a beat and vibe.  This title feels effective for the genre of Dance Music as it relates very closely to its instrumental value.  Dance Music typically has a lot of bass, therefore a heavy beat which often feels more like a "pulse".  I also feel that PULSE would give me a great base platform to come up with a good design for a logo.

TEXTURED
Texture means the feeling of something, a material, its structure.  Dance Music has a particular, unique feeling and sound of many other music genre.  This means the title TEXTURED appeals directly to its specific meaning and originality.  However, I still feel like this is one of the lesser suggestions.

JUMP
Jump I feel could be a direct Masthead for a Dance genre magazine.  Jump is what people often feel like doing when listening to hyped up dance music.  Jumping is used as a dance move in nightclubs and festivals including artists like Avicii.  Therefore I feel it has a hidden meaning, subconsciously appealing to my audience.

EXCLUSIVE
Exclusive is closely related to VIP.  In many ways its just another word, with the same meaning of context.  Again it gives the magazine some recognition, I higher level feel than most magazine out there.  I suggests to the read that it is above the others, and promotes the genre to the same level.

DROP
Drop refers to the instrumental of the Dance music.  Often there is a base drop somewhere within the songs, as well as them having a lot of base to begin with.  I feel this would relate well to this.  I have also research fonts and feel that "DROP" provides the best look for the majority of fonts considered.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment