Thursday 3 October 2013

Deyes High Magazine

 
Deyes High Magazine involved me creating a trail (make up) magazine front cover and contents page for Deyes.  This is a learning process on the path to creating my final Music Magazine later on.  I gave this my best shot as it is the first time I have used InDesign and hope to improve over the coming weeks.  Below is a print screen of my front cover...
 
 
Using the school colours I have tried to grab the readers attention.  I have achieved this by highlighting key words such as "Head Boy", hopefully drawing the read in.  I have tried to keep the front cover clean by using a white background with smooth edges and lines separating each image and block of text.
Below is my double spread contents page...
 
Using the caption "Inside This Week" give it a clear headline and make the edition specific to the audience.  Again using the school colours I have highlighted key words in the hope that it will draw the eye of the reader, to read on...   Using images of various angles and shots, I have tried to make it look professional.  On the left page I have designated it to the "Main Story", adding a larger images and text.  Keeping the font the same throughout, other than the "Plus" section, gives that section a different meaning.  In this case, that meaning is that they are not the main story's this week.  Unlikely the story's involved and positioned next to an image related.

No comments:

Post a Comment