Friday 11 October 2013

Deyes High Magazine

This is my Finished Deyes High Magazine front cover.  I decided to keep it clean and simple which can create a more effective look.  I tried adding extra captions and banners to the front, but felt it ruined the image/effect already created.  Having a large title located top left allows the magazine to be stacked with the title still visual, and keeps in trend with current magazines.  I used photoshop to edit the background image.  Increasing the blueness of the sky and brightness as well as sharpness of the grass, has improve the appeal of Deyes as a school.  It creates a happier, cleaner atmosphere. 
 I chose a specific subject for the front cover, and decided to go with sport.  This appeals to the majority of students and allows for an effective, un-staged shot for the cover.
 
 
This is my Deyes High Magazine Contents page.  Created again in Photoshop and InDesign, I was able to produce images of different angles, pans and zooms with increasing focus.  Using a San-Serif Font for the title makes it easier to read, makes it stand out and jump out at the reader.  I have colour coordinated key words in order to grab the readers eye.  I have tried to position the layout of my page like a real magazine, hopefully giving a professional look and providing a higher quality magazine. 
I feel my use of white space has been quite efficient when creating my contents page.  Providing clear separation and increasing the professionalism of my magazine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment